1. How do I get a chapter in my area?
If you would like to learn more about becoming a SGBD chapter leader, you will first need to fill out an inquiry form and submit it through our website. A representative from Savvy Giving by Design will then contact you for a phone interview.
2. What responsibilities come with opening a chapter?
Running a chapter is akin to running a small business with input from an independent board of directors. You are required to have a minimum of 3 board members and hold regular meetings. Any chapters that are opened will operate similarly to a franchise in that they will run almost completely independently from the parent organization.
3. What are the requirements for opening a chapter in my area?
- You must have been a business owner in the area of interior design for a minimum of 3 years.
- The geographical location in which you desire to open a chapter must be desirable and feasible for the overall organization.
- You must demonstrate connectedness to your community that you will be able to convert into financial support for your chapter's fundraising needs.
- You must provide two letters from references who can speak to your design abilities and your overall character.
- You must be able to articulate your "why" - your reason for wanting to get involved in a charity of this kind.
- Please provide portfolio images of your designs, preferably in children's spaces.
4. How soon can I be a chapter leader?
The timing of opening new chapters will be left to the discretion of the parent organization. This will be based upon several factors that we have decided upon, internally, as a board. Generally, we will onboard 3-5 chapters each year.
5. What can I do to help you in the meantime?
- Join our facebook page
- Watch for outreach posts looking for a new chapter leader
- Start forming connections with potential board members, donors, and supportive partners.